The American Comparative Literature Association (ACLA) is seeking applications for a new position: Development & Administrative Assistant. This position reports directly to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and is a full-time position with benefits.
Salary: $45,000 per year with benefits
- Minimum B.A., preferably in a field in the humanities.
- Familiarity with remote work technologies (Ex. Google Workspace/G Suite, Dropbox, Zoom, Asana, LastPass, email).
- Familiarity with Excel/Google Sheets and Mailchimp (or other marketing platforms).
- Strong writing skills and overall communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to adapt to new challenges.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize.
- Available to check in with CAO via Zoom on a regular basis for scheduled meetings and respond to emails promptly.
- Ideal candidate will be familiar with the ACLA and our conferences. We strongly recommend reviewing our website, www.acla.org, and learning about our mission and annual conference.
- Ideal candidate will have previous administrative experience and experience with event planning or membership management.
- Ideal candidate will have some experience with development/fundraising and/or grant writing.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with donor management software.
- Ideal candidate would have some experience with basic web development tools (specifically Drupal).
- Flexible work hours. This position will coordinate with the CAO on when support is needed, but the hours are flexible.
- This is a fully remote position.
- Health insurance.
Please see a general overview below of tasks encompassed by this position. This description is not meant to be comprehensive and tasks may change or be added based on what support is needed.
- Help develop fundraising campaigns (ex. Giving Tuesday, End of Year campaigns, matching campaigns, others).
- Look into any available grant opportunities (by city/state/country, arts or cultural organizations, other).
- Look into possible support from consulates.
- Look into other support opportunities (ex. available promotions with airlines for group travel).
- Work with CAO on membership outreach to enhance community engagement.
Miscellaneous support tasks
- Upload files to the Dropbox on a weekly basis to maintain a permanent archive
- Export list of donors each month for CAO to contact with donor acknowledgment letters.
- Upload new member info to membership list until membership management site features are developed.
- Field minor/routine inquiries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org forwarded by CAO.
- Assist with proofreading drafts of the conference guide (200+ pages)
- Assist with determining time slots and room assignments for conference seminars.
- Assist with maintaining updated contact information for all board members and committee members.
- Conference planning support tasks
- Other day-to-day administrative support tasks (updating letterhead, generating invoices, etc).
How to Apply
Send a resume or CV and cover letter to Monica Felix at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the position. Please use the email subject "ACLA Application" when applying.
The American Comparative Literature Association is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or marital status in employment.
[Posted November 6th, 2020]