The ACLA's 2024 annual meeting will take place at the Palais des congrès de Montréal in Montreal, March 14-17, 2024.
The portal for proposing a seminar for ACLA's 2024 Annual Meeting was open through August 30, 2023 and is now closed.
The portal for proposing a paper for ACLA's 2024 Annual Meeting was open through September 30, 2023 and is now closed.
Each seminar meets multiple times (usually 3) to allow for continuous and substantive engagement among the panelists: this emphasis on long-form collaboration characterizes the ACLA conference. For instance, a seminar meeting over 3 days may have up to 12 panelists total, three to four participants presenting 20-minute papers in each session with discussion afterward. We welcome seminars on all topics and areas in Comparative Literature broadly construed. We especially welcome seminars in areas historically underrepresented in humanities.
The ACLA Program Committee will review seminars in relation to one another and the Secretariat will notify seminar organizers of acceptance or rejection by November 3, 2023.
State of the Discipline Report Sessions
The ACLA Board is sponsoring a number of sessions on the upcoming State of the Discipline Report for the 2020s. Comparatists at all stages of their careers are invited to address any topic related to the state of the discipline over the past ten years, including but not limited to the following themes:
- Institutions, pedagogy, employment
- Power, justice, ethics
- Theories, paradigms, methods, keywords
- Worlds, regions, minorities, geopolitics
- Languages, grounds, translation
- Histories, temporalities, periodization
For more information on the State of the Discipline Report, please visit stateofthediscipline.acla.org. For more information on the call for papers and sessions related to the State of the Discipline Report, click here.
|Seminar Proposals Accepted||July 17 - August 30|
|Paper Submissions Accepted||September 1 - September 30|
|Seminar Organizer Paper Review Period||October 2 - October 11|
|Program Committee Review Period||October 12 - November 3|
|Secretariat sends notification letters||November 3|
For more information on the specifics of each period, please visit the Conference FAQ.
Advertising/Exhibiting at ACLA 2024
Rates and specifications for advertisers, sponsors, and exhibitors at ACLA 2024 are forthcoming. In the meantime, inquiries may be directed to Brigid Kennedy at email@example.com.
Information on this year's travel grants will be posted soon. Please check back at this page or watch your email if you are signed up to receive ACLA newsletters. For more information about our Support a Scholar program, click here; to donate to the fund, click here.
As a participant, you agree to:
- Be current in ACLA membership and registered for the Annual Meeting by February 28, 2024.
- Reply promptly to all requests for information from the seminar organizer and the ACLA Secretariat, including requests for a final program copy.
- Attend all sessions of your seminar.
- Notify the Secretariat immediately if you are unable to attend the conference.
- Communicate all special requests to seminar organizer and the Secretariat to ensure that they are considered.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of "safe senders" in your email account, ensuring that email communications will be delivered.
This page will be updated regularly with information about the 2024 Annual Meeting, including information about the undergraduate seminar, hotel amenities, lodging options, childcare, and local attractions. Please check back on this page for updates as they become available. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com, or visit the following links: