- Travel Grant applications accepted between 11/10/2023-12/15/2023 (portal closes at 11:59pm Pacific time)
- Travel Grant Application Review: 12/16/2023-12/20/2023
- The Secretariat will issue decisions via email by 12/21/2023
- The Chief Administrative Officer will disburse funds by the end of December
ACLA is committed to supporting contingent faculty and graduate students by offering travel grants of $400. These grants are intended to alleviate some of the financial burdens associated with academic travel—they can help cover expenses such as airfare, accommodation, and registration fees. Our committee will review all applications and select grant recipients by December 21.
The ACLA is particularly interested in helping students and contingent faculty who have no support for conference attendance from their institutions or other sources and who also incur substantial travel costs. Applicants for travel grants must be current in their membership by February 28, 2024 and be presenting a paper at the 2024 Annual Meeting. We encourage eligible individuals to apply, as we aim to assist as many as possible within our allocation, which is limited by our budget and donations. Regrettably, we receive many more applications than we can fund, so this funding is not guaranteed. We urge participants to also inquire at their own institutions as well for travel support.
If you are able to contribute a donation to this fund, please visit here and select “Support a Scholar” as your donation type: Thank You for Your Support | American Comparative Literature Association (acla.org)
- Log in to your ACLA user account: User account | American Comparative Literature Association (acla.org)
- Once logged in, select the "Your Travel Grant" tab.
Please note that ACLA cannot disburse travel grants for citizens of certain nations designated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the the US Treasury. To see the most updated list, visit this link: Frequently Asked Questions | U.S. Department of the Treasury