We are no longer accepting travel grant applications. Please refer to the timeline below.
- Travel Grant applications accepted between 1/2/2023-1/20/2023 (portal closes at 11:59pm Pacific time)
- Travel Grant Application Review: 1/23/2023-1/27/2023
- The Secretariat will issue decisions via email by 1/28/2023
- The Chief Administrative Officer will disburse funds on 2/2/2023
The ACLA has allocated funds to provide partial travel reimbursement of $400 to graduate students and contingent faculty. Applicants for travel grants must be current in their membership by March 2, 2023 and be presenting a paper at the 2023 annual meeting.
The ACLA is particularly interested in helping students and contingent faculty who have no support for conference attendance from their institutions or other sources and who also incur substantial travel costs. We are committed to funding as many applicants as possible within our allocation, which is limited by our budget and donations.
If you are able to contribute a donation to this fund, please visit here: Thank You for Your Support | American Comparative Literature Association (acla.org)
Regrettably, we receive many more applications than we can fund, so this funding is not guaranteed. We urge participants to also inquire at their own institutions as well for travel support.
- Log in to your ACLA user account: User account | American Comparative Literature Association (acla.org)
- Once logged in, select the "Your Travel Grant" tab.
Please note that ACLA cannot disburse travel grants for citizens of certain nations designated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the the US Treasury. To see the most updated list, visit this link: Frequently Asked Questions | U.S. Department of the Treasury